> >I find the gas range to be quite reasonable. If you take the time to
really
> >fill the tank completely you can safely get 200 miles out of it cruising
at
> >90 mph. I must remove that damn tube from the gas tank filler some time.

You gotta be kidding!
Is this for real? I mean, do any more of you guys get that kind of mileage
from a stock gas tank?
Precisely ridiculous range is my only aggravation with the GTS. I know I'm a
big, unaerodynamic and heavy load, don't crouch behind the screen, and more
often than not ride way faster than that, but if I were to cruise at 90 for
a full tank I wouldn't get much over 120 miles. You guys get something like
that, or is my bike a heavy drinker?

Also: I agree about that tube/valve contraption. Here in Spain gas stations
are usually attended (not much self-service), and I always have to tell the
guy to stick it in as far as it'll go (blush here) or I risk a soaking. so
far I've had that "burning feeling" in my unmentionables twice! (hey, maybe
THAT is why they went bald after all).

Later,

Roberto.