Check the map; Southern California's not much closer.
I'll be in Yellowstone briefly on business in September (Yeah, I know, great
job.), but I don't like the idea of a National Park venue. For almost all of
us, the big ride is on the way there. Once we get there a rest and
socializing day may be more in order. That's why I wouldn't mind Las Vegas or
something where spouses might be happy while we talk bikes. (And there's some
decent riding not far from there, too.) I'm for avoiding the main tourist
attractions on any ride. I'm happy flying to them.

Jay