> So how do you ride ?  With the balls of your foot on the pegs, or your
arch
> ? (in the middle) ?  I ride with the peg positioned on the arch, in the
> middle.  I have never had a problem with my wife or kids, but then I
"only"
> have a size 10 shoe.

Don't know about others, but after a couple hours on the bike, I'll ride
with anything on the peg (yes, ANYTHING I said, SA's), switching foot
positions once in a while to stretch them a bit,and I've met that problem
too. Usually I -and most others, I suspect- place the arch on the peg for
slow, casual riding, then move to the ball of the foot purely on instinct
when increasing speed or bank. Most of my right shoes have a wedge worn off
the front/side area, and my tires tend to show a bit more wear on the right,
too. Maybe that's because I'm chicken, but giving the circumstances, it's
just as well for me.

I'm about to fashion some kind of rest/platform/separator to install to the
peg, I'll let you have a pic when I'm done. I'm all for moto-specific boots,
but for a quick saturday hop to the beach with "the boss" on the back, hey,
if any of you guys can talk her into wearing them, I'm ready to buy you a
cool shellfish dinner. Oysters, anyone?

Roberto.