From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]  On
Behalf Of Anton Tropashko
Sent:   Wednesday, August 23, 2000 3:08 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list
Subject:        Wanted: GTS around Denver, CO; misc questions about ergos and hard

Hello there.

If anyone was thinking about selling a GTS and lives around Denver, Colorado
please let me know (my phone is 650 2162108). I'll be in that area over the
weekend
(stuck with the tickets: will be driving around looking at the scenery like
the rest of
the Flintstones otherwise).

The guy who originally intended to sell me his GTS has pulled the offer out
and the only GTS sold in Nothern California that I know about is offered for
>$8k
Another one in Ohio is also ~$8k.

I'm looking for something preferably under $6.5k.

Is this reasonable? Someone on the VFR list has suggested that he has bought
one for around $5k
and that's the fair market value if there is such a thing.

Did anyone on this list lose their front tire often?
    (I have very little info about actual GTS usage so pardon my ignorance).

What's the scoop with the GTS reliability?

Are most of the parts still available from Yamaha?

A lot of people has suggested for me to stop fooling around and buy an
ST-1100 instead, but
I'm 28 and, probably, will be miserable on ST.

For those of you who have Givi saddlebags on your GTS, do they leak in heavy
rain?
Do Yamaha hardbags leak in heavy rain?
What are the problems people usually have with Givi and Yamaha bags?
Did anyone have any problems with Givi racks or with GTS frame after
installing a Givi rack?

I hever had a problem with my givi topbag on my VFR, but I'm worrying about
sides if I'm ever to
have them.

Also, those of you around 5'9", how do you like the riding position on GTS?

Did anyone on this list have accumulated around 100,000 miles or more on
GTS?

Thank you.
Anton "getting-touring-oriented" Tropashko