OK, OK, so everyone has pointed out that Steve's GTS is a one-off Yamaha
Special with that 6th gear.....but no one answered the question he asked.

The GTS will NOT go 160.  Official tops I've seen are about 148 without
bags, and--get this--ten to fifteen less with the bags on.  So, the
aerodynamics are the whole issue, which is the case on pretty much any
vehicle going for top end. Talk to the folks at Bonneville....

For top speed, the ability to run to redline in TOP gear (go count 'em
yerself) and drag coefficients rule.  Adding high end HP does a lot.
Weight is a minor player in this picture.  For acceleration, weight is far
more important.

Phil

P.S.  Why did you ask the list this question??  Don't you have a straight
stretch of road where you can answer this one for yourself?????