From: Anton Tropashko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 7:29 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Bike lurches forward when started in gear with clutch in

Is it normal for GTS to lurch forward when starting in gear with the clutch
in (all the way to the handlebar)? It starts forward hard and could travel
up to three feet or so
before I manage to catch it with the front brake.

I have developed a nasty habit of not applying brakes when starting a bike
since none of my other
two
machines did/do that)...

Thank you!
Anton

------_=_NextPart_001_01C02F2B.D100E0AE

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>RE: Bike lurches forward when started in gear with clutch =
in</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>To me, this is normal.&nbsp; The clutch is =
dragging.&nbsp; I bet it happens to you when the bike is cold, but not =
when hot.&nbsp; My bike will lurch about a foot if in gear and clutch =
in when cold.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I developed a habit of starting in nuetral AND having =
the clutch in.&nbsp; My 88 Suzuki Katana 1100 did the same thing, so I =
considered it normal.</FONT></P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Anton Tropashko [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>]</FONT>=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 7:29 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: Multiple recipients of list</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Bike lurches forward when started in gear =
with clutch in</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Is it normal for GTS to lurch forward when starting =
in gear with the clutch</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>in (all the way to the handlebar)? It starts forward =
hard and could travel up to three feet or so</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>before I manage to catch it with the front =
brake.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have developed a nasty habit of not applying brakes =
when starting a bike since none of my other</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>two</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>machines did/do that)...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thank you!</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Anton</FONT>
</P>