Uh oh, looks like my ST1100 could be in danger of being replaced... Nah,
there likely will be a better ST1100 before the FJR1300 gets here. And I
actually have no love for inline-4 engines anyway. If it wasn't for the
uniqueness of the GTS, I'd have never considered it. Just a personal thing.
(And I'm hoping not to start a long string here.) I think of an inline-4 as a
car engine. The feel and sound of a V or boxer seems more bike-like to me.
Heck, it wasn't easy for me to consider anything beyond a twin.

But the FJR1300 is looking pretty good. Of course, the listed dry weight is
only about 30 pounds less than the brochure spec for the GTS. This still
ain't no lightweight by any stretch!

-Jay

In a message dated 10/11/00 10:32:36 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>More pictures and specs on the new FJR1300 - be sure to click on both links,
>it
>is two pages. Can't wait for the magazine guys to do a road test on it
>to see if
>it rides as good as it looks.

Orange County, California
Park Ranger R-115