On Tue, Feb 23, 2016, at 10:14 AM, Dominik Schuermann wrote:
> Is there a way in general to store blobs over 1MB inside Android's
> default SQLite? At OpenKeychain we reached that limit, and I don't like
> to redesign everything just because of this corner case:
> https://github.com/open-keychain/open-keychain/issues/1714
>
> I am open for suggestions :) Maybe you guys have an idea, how is this
> done in IOCipher?

IOCipher does this automatically. It was the reason we developed it - to
securely store large media files for apps like CameraV and Courier. It
works well enough that you can stream into it, which we do for recording
or playing back video and audio.

Hans made the brilliant discovery of Libsqlfs:
https://github.com/guardianproject/libsqlfs
that was originally built for Palm OS.

IOCipher = SQLCipher + Libsqlfs + a java.io.File-style API.

+n

--
  Nathan of Guardian
  nat...@guardianproject.info