On Fri, Mar 18, 2016, at 06:52, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Also, to use the K-9 technique that does not use reflection,
> TlsOnlySocketFactory will need to be a subclass of
> SSLCertificateSocketFactory rather than SSLSocketFactory.  I think
> that's probably the best approach.

Agreed. I didn't do that in the work that I did for my book chapter, to
minimize changes to NetCipher's core code. This area was the only thing
that I needed to change anything in existing NetCipher, and I figured
that adding a stopgap method to TlsOnlySocketFactory was less intrusive
than changing its base class.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
https://commonsware.com | https://github.com/commonsguy