I'm pretty sure that https://check.torproject.org/api/ip is meant to be
around for good.

I like the idea of enforcing by default, but I worry about unintended
consequences of checking https://check.torproject.org/api/ip before
setting up an instance.  Perhaps it is something like the check whether
Orbot is installed: run only on the first time NetCipher is used to get
an HTTP stack instance.

Also, for what its worth, .onion addresses would not need any
https://check.torproject.org/api/ip checks since they only work through Tor.

.hc

Mark Murphy:

--
PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556