On 28/09/16 15:33, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I just had a thought: since Briar and Orbot both are building tor and
> need regular updates, we could package the tor daemon binary as an AAR
> and publish it on maven repos.  Then there can be a neat and clean build
> for just the tor daemon, and it would make updating it really easy in
> the apps.
>
> This would be worthwhile as long as it is easy to use the tor daemon
> binary from the AAR package.

At the moment we apply our own patch to Tor before building, but that
should eventually be merged upstream or obsoleted, at which point a
(reproducible) AAR would be great.

By the way, I updated the Android patch in the Orbot repo for Tor 0.2.8
(no semantic changes, but the patch for Tor 0.2.6 doesn't apply cleanly)
- shall I submit a PR, and if so, where?

Cheers,
Michael