Hey Nathan,

I'd like to try to enable some privacy-preserving tracking on the
Guardian Project F-Droid repo.  Looks like logging was turned off August
19, 2014.  What do you think about turning on the Apache logging again,
but only keeping the logs for one day?

For the F-Droid repo, there would be a cron'ed script that would take
just what was downloaded and what time.  I'm tempted to also convert the
IP address to a country, and store that.

Rounding off the time to the day seems like a nice balance of useful
info without giving away too much.  That eliminates the rich time-of-day
metadata, e.g. night, morning, lunchtime, etc.  But maybe rounding to
the week would be better since that would also eliminate info about the
weekly cycle (e.g. downloads on Friday evening are not likely to come
from an orthodox Muslim, or Saturday for an orthodox Jew; then there are
holidays, etc.).

.hc

--
PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556