On Tue, Sep 12, 2017, at 09:39 AM, Ted P. Samuel wrote:
> Is there more to it than what's @
> https://github.com/guardianproject/viento

Viento is a usability focused effort on top of our work on offline,
nearby "windy" type networks. We are focused on Latin America since I
have been doing some work with youth, journalists and activists in
Columbia and Mexico recently, and there is interest in F-Droid among
Cubans
(https://fdroid.gitlab.io/fdroid-website/en/2017/07/03/cuba.html).

You can see some older info on the "Wind" concept here:
https://github.com/n8fr8/talks/blob/master/wind_update_2015/Wind%20Update%20-%20October%202015.pdf
https://talk.developersquare.net/c/developers-corner/people-powered-nearby-networks

The Viento repo is where we are posting our usability work at, related
to creating personas and methods to help improve features in F-Droid and
some other apps.

> ?  It's the 1st I've heard of both the project & the challenge (though I
> find them particularly timely in light of the recent & ongoing N.
> American
> disasters).  Would Viento fall under Challenge 1 or 2?

I think it is more Challenge 1 oriented.