On 12/14/18 6:01 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> n8fr8 proposed something along those lines before.
>
> If DNS over TLS (DoT) and/or DNS over HTTPS (DoH) get widespread
> adoption, then we have a new channel for bridge discovery and other
> tricks.  Google Jigsaw released its Intra app to let older Android
> versions use DoH.  It is Apache-2.0 licensed, but with proprietary
> Google Firebase and other libs.  Perhaps we could take that code and
> include it in Orbot?
>
> https://gitlab.com/fdroid/rfp/issues/735

Happy to consider. I was thinking more about this, and had some
concerns, specifically with using the DoH provider over Tor, but then
sending traffic over cleartext.

We need to ensure we weren't making it possible for the DoH provider to
deanonymize someone by returning a custom IP via DoH-over-Tor, and then
looking for who connects to it via cleartext.

Or perhaps, I am crossing streams here, and this isn't about anonymity,
only circumvention?

+n