On Thu, Apr 29, 2021, at 08:47, Abel Luck wrote:
> There was some discussion about this almost a year ago
> https://lists.mayfirst.org/pipermail/guardian-dev/2020-June/thread.html
>
> However no particular conclusions were reached other than "it sucks."

FWIW:

https://commonsware.com/blog/2020/09/23/uncomfortable-questions-app-signing.html

https://commonsware.com/blog/2020/11/30/initial-responses-uncomfortable-questions.html

The initial post definitely struck a nerve in the community -- a surprising
number of developers took it upon themselves to pester Google developer
relations members on the topic. However, after that late November post, I have
not seen much on this subject coming out of Mountain View. I suspect that I'll
be writing another post, perhaps tomorrow, pointing out Google I|O sessions
that might be of relevance on this subject.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
https://commonsware.com | https://github.com/commonsguy