The power of words

My brother Raj had a huge crush on this girl ever since his adolescent
years. Now in his late thirties, he still blushes at the mention of her
name. Today, she has 2 kids, and is happily married…to someone else. Why? He
did not ask her to marry him, he never told her he loved her, or had a crush
on her, and he never said she mattered.

"Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Knock and the door
shall be opened unto you." These words of Christ express a natural law;
mainly, the world responds to those who ask. Why then are we afraid to ask,
to use those words.

During my school days, I used to dread competition, "what if I lose?" The
habit continued, till about a year ago, when I did an inspirational speech.
The speech was delivered, and I could almost see the winner's trophy, when
they announced, and winner is…XYZ. They didn't announce my name. Sure
enough, I had lost, or so I thought then.

A little while later an old acquaintance walked up to me. He put an arm
around me and said, "Ritu, was what you said about your father having a near
death experience, true?"

I confirmed it was. "You see, I have a special child, and I face a
challenging situation at home every day, your speech fills me with hope." I
could see his eyes were moist.

A couple of days later, a friend called up, "Ritu, that speech of yours, the
one about your father, well it inspired me so much, I hope some day I shall
be able to inspire people like that."
Continue<http://tickledbylife.com/index.php/the-power-of-words/>

http://tickledbylife.com/index.php/the-power-of-words/



best regards

[email protected]

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Gugukluhayat" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/gugukluhayat?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Cevap