Photo by Dominique Issermann
On Saturday I went with Anne to see the Sonia Rykiel exhibit at the Musee Les 
Arts Décoratifs - Mode et Textile 107 rue de Rivoli 75001
 I used to be a HUGE fan in the days when Sonia was the poor girl's Chanel...
 Photo by Dominique Issermann
Sonia gave us so many things - fabulous color, sweater dresses, the high arm 
hole and the tight sleeve, writing in rhinestones, STRIPES!!! and independence.
Her models danced down the catwalk at her shows, like in this famous photo by 
Dominique Issermann.
 Sonia's stripes were to die for...
 The colors and combinations were soooooo inventive - many of them nautical in 
origin...

I never had anything like this! But I had the belts, the gloves, the socks (!), 
hats, pins, the bags on a belt (the first fanny bags), even lipsticks. Whatever 
I could afford to buy...

 I even made a very good friend, Parisien Christine, while waiting on line for 
the winter sales at Sonia at 7 AM. It was freezing and they put a little 
radiator out in the street and served us cups of coffee while we waited. Inside 
were cardboard boxes full of wonderful treasures marked down ridiculously! It 
was sheer heaven...

Andy did this portrait of Sonia with her mass of fabulous red hair.

 After the exhibit Anne and I had a designer tea at Le Saut du Loup inside the 
museum...

 Earlier we had lunch at Christian Constant's Les Cocottes.

 A newish and very casual (et pas cher) branch of Constant's resturants - No 
reservations required.

First we shared this terrific salade des lardons with a soft boiled egg lurking 
inside - words can not describe how good this was!

 My main was roasted cod, served in a cocotte pot bien sur, with carrots and 
potatos, almost like a stew = FABULOUS!!!

 Anne had this poulet dish with cream...

 We did NOT eat this for dessert! But there was a wall at the Sonia exhibit of 
letters of admiration and quite a longone was from Pierre Herme!
So I thought it fitting to show one of his desserts as well.
Any chance to show...



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Gugukluhayat" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/gugukluhayat?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

<<inline: [email protected]>>

Cevap