h1 a:hover {background-color:#888;color:#fff ! important;}
div#emailbody table#itemcontentlist tr td div ul {
list-style-type:square; padding-left:1em; } div#emailbody
table#itemcontentlist tr td div blockquote { padding-left:6px;
border-left: 6px solid #dadada; margin-left:1em; } div#emailbody
table#itemcontentlist tr td div li { margin-bottom:1em;
margin-left:1em; } table#itemcontentlist tr td a:link,
table#itemcontentlist tr td a:visited, table#itemcontentlist tr td
a:active, ul#summarylist li a { color:#000033; font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:none; } img {border:none;} The Sport Review: “David
Beckham seeks new loan to boost England chances” plus 5 more

- David Beckham seeks new loan to boost England chances
- Rafael Benítez denies he has been sacked by Inter Milan
- Gavin Henson: I’m hoping to play for another eight years
- Team boss Sir Frank Williams honoured with BBC award
- Andy Murray will keep Alex Corretja as his main coach
- Federer, Nadal, Clijsters and the rest prepare for 2011
David Beckham seeks new loan to boost England chances

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 05:46 PM PST


David Beckham is hoping to seal another return to Europe this winter in
a bid to earn an England recall from Fabio Capello.
The 35-year-old LA Galaxy star has spent the last two winters on loan
at AC Milan but the former England captain says that switch will not
happen again this year.

Beckham, who received the BBC Sports Personality Lifetime Achievement
award on Sunday, also all but ruled out a move back to the Premier
League by insisting he would only ever join former club Manchester
United.

“I won’t be going back to AC Milan this time because is not possible to
go onto the roster for such a short length of time,” said Beckham, the
most capped outfield player in England history with 115 appearances.

“But I will be going back somewhere as I want to keep myself fit and
keep myself in with a chance of getting called up for England again. To
do that, I have to be somewhere so fingers crossed I can sort something
out.”

Beckham says he misses the English top flight but concedes a move back
to Old Trafford is unlikely. He said: “I have always missed playing in
the Premier League since I left it almost eight years ago.

“It is a great league and one of the most competitive in the world.
Maybe one day I will come back here but I have always said that it will
only be for Manchester United. I am not holding my breath on that one,
but we will have to wait and see.”

And Beckham added that he is not yet ready to hang up his boots. “I
love the game and am not done with playing yet,” he said. “I might be
35 years old but I still feel that I can play at the top level for
another couple of years.”

Rafael Benítez denies he has been sacked by Inter Milan

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 12:00 PM PST


Rafael Benítez says he has not been shown the door at Inter Milan
despite widespread speculation suggesting that he had been sacked.
The Italian media has been awash with reports claiming that the former
Liverpool manager has been axed by Inter president Massimo Moratti
following a difficult start to his tenure at the San Siro.

Despite winning the Club World Cup in Abu Dhabi on Saturday last
season’s treble winners are languishing in seventh place in Serie A and
are already 13 points behind leaders AC Milan.

But Benítez said on Monday: “I have not been sacked. I am quite
surprised by some of the headlines I read in the papers. In fact, many
people called me to ask whether I was sacked, but it is not true.”

Zenit St Petersburg boss Luciano Spaletti has been tipped as the man
being lined up to replace Benítez but Moratti refused to comment in a
statement on Inter’s website.

“I will not speak today,” said the Inter president. “I do not wish to
create any controversies with anyone.”

Gavin Henson: I’m hoping to play for another eight years

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 11:32 AM PST


After 21 months away from rugby Gavin Henson believes he still has what
it takes to continue playing at the top level for another eight years.
The former Ospreys star hung up his boots indefinitely in March 2009
after struggling with a series of injuries and personal problems.

Since then he has taken part in two reality television shows before
opting to return to the sport in the Autumn when he signed for Saracens
after having negotiated his release from the Ospreys.

His return was delayed by his participation in BBC show Strictly Come
Dancing but the 28-year-old, who took part in some light training at
Wembley on Monday ahead of Saracens’ Aviva Premiership clash with Wasps
on Sunday, insists he is now back in the sport for the long haul.

"I'm thinking positive," said Henson, who is set to make his
eagerly-anticipated Saracens debut on Sunday. "I'm back in rugby for
good now. I look after myself and I'm hoping I can play for another
eight years.

“I'm feeling really positive about the game and I'm enjoying it again
when I've been training. I just hope I'm going to be good. I might not
be, but we'll have to wait and see.”

Henson, who has not played for Wales since helping his country clinch
the grand slam in 2008, is also hoping to earn a recall to the national
side in time for the Six Nations in February.

“The bigger picture for me is the Six Nations and trying to get in that
Wales squad,” he said. “It's all really exciting and we'll just have to
wait and see.

“When I did finish with the Ospreys for the first six or seven months
out I didn't miss rugby at all to be honest.

“But then luckily I just got those feelings back and I started dreaming
about playing again. The more I trained, the better I felt about myself
and the more I felt positive about rugby again.”

And he is also not ruling out the possibility of playing for Wales at
the World Cup in New Zealand next autumn. “I've missed out the last
couple of times with the World Cup,” he added. “That's obviously
missing on my CV so I'll do everything in my power to try and get in
that squad.”

Henson admits he found it difficult to cope with the media attention
following his split with fiancee Charlotte Church and chose to move
away from Wales as a result.

He added: “It was tough for me with what was going on with Charlotte
[Church], I was cut to pieces about it. I just felt the right move was
to move out of Wales and hopefully be appreciated again.

“I didn't really know what I had done wrong but a bit of time away in
London will be good for me.”

Team boss Sir Frank Williams honoured with BBC award

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 04:47 AM PST


Sir Frank Williams has received the Helen Rollason Award at the 2010
BBC Sports Personality of the Year ceremony in Birmingham.
The award, named in honour of the BBC sports presenter who lost her
battle with cancer in 1999, is given for “outstanding achievement in
the face of adversity”.

Founder and manager of the Williams Formula 1 team, Sir Frank has been
in a wheelchair since suffering a spinal cord injury in a car accident
en route to Nice airport from the Paul Ricard Circuit in France in 1986.

Despite being hospitalised for a number of months, the former racer and
mechanic was back in the paddock before the end of the season, leading
his team to become the third most successful team in the sport's
history behind Ferrari and McLaren.

Williams secured the constructors' title in 1986, quickly followed by
both the drivers' title with Nelson Piquet and another constructors'
title 1987.

The 1990s were undoubtedly Williams' most successful period in F1 with
five constructors' titles in six years with drivers' titles for Nigel
Mansell (1992), Alain Prost (1993), Damon Hill (1996), and Jacques
Villeneuve (1997).

Williams was joined on stage by his wife Virginia, Williams co-founder
and designer Patrick Head, Williams chairman Adam Parr, as well as
other F1 personalities Eddie Jordan, Christian Horner, and Martin
Brundle.

After accepting the award, Williams said: "It's been a great journey,
one I'd love to do again if I was younger. I wouldn’t try and do
anything different except try and avoid the accidents."

Williams was awarded a CBE in 1987, and later awarded a knighthood for
his services to motorsport in 1999. He is also one of a small number of
Brits to have been made a Chevalier of France's Légion d'honneur.

Andy Murray will keep Alex Corretja as his main coach

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 04:36 AM PST


British number one Andy Murray has announced that Spaniard Alex
Corretja will continue in his role as his main coach for at least the
first half of 2011.
Corretja, a former world number two, took up the role in July following
Murray’s split with former coach Miles Maclagan.

Now, despite reported interest from Boris Becker, the 23-year-old Scot
is set stick with the same team as he continues his bid for a first
grand slam next year.

“Andy has taken time out from his busy pre-season fitness training to
confirm that the current coaching set-up, with both Alex Corretja and
Dani Vallverdu, will continue into the first half of next year,” read a
statement on Murray’s website.

“The guys are busy planning their tournament schedule for the early
part of 2011 and are, as a team, very focused on preparing in the best
way possible for each tournament.”

Federer, Nadal, Clijsters and the rest prepare for 2011

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 04:21 AM PST


It's the slack patch in the tennis year—at least that's what we are led
to believe. Sure enough, a quick look at the calendar shows that the
men do not begin competition until the first week in January in 2011 in
Brisbane, Chennai or Doha.
And in theory, they all hung up their rackets after the Paris Masters
on 14 November. So a healthy six weeks to lie back on that beach and
soak up the rays.

The women do even better, it seems, finishing in mid-October for more
than two months of rest and relaxation.

Yes, the ATP and WTA make great play of the holiday season afforded the
men and women who tour the circuit in search of wins and, for the best
and most fortunate ones, titles. And sure enough, there are reports of
Roger Federer in the Seychelles, Robin Soderling in the Maldives and
Novak Djokovic in Monte Carlo.

They may spend between 10 and 11 months of the year touring the world,
living out of suitcases, zigzagging through dozens of time-zones, and
hitting a new surface in a new city with just days to acclimatise, but
now is the time to recuperate, put up the tired feet, have a few drinks.

Forget it. The top men, those who reach deepest into the big events,
play the most matches and are committed to the lion's share of media
and promotional activities, played into the last week in November,
expending every last ounce of energy at the World Tour Finals. Some,
like Djokovic, even carried on into December for the Davis Cup.

The top women have their end-of-season tourneys, too, with the top
eight playing off in the WTA Championships through the last week of
October and the best of the rest heading to the albeit glamorous
destination of Bali for the Tournament of Champions in early November.

Then check the ATP and WTA websites and they are awash with headlines
about exhibitions, charity activities and, believe it or not, talk of
training blocks and warm-up events for the new season.

Headlining the women's side is Justine Henin playing countrywoman Kim
Clijsters at home in Belgium. This is Henin's first real test of the
elbow injury that kept her off the tour for the last six months after
making such a splash with her comeback at the beginning of the year.
She is now training in southern China before leaping across to Perth,
Australia to take part in the Hopman Cup.

If the Henin-Clijsters exho is a match made in heaven on the women's
tour, the equivalent for the men has to be Federer-Nadal, and fans have
an early Christmas present when the two come face-to-face for a pair of
exhibitions, one in each of their home countries. The tickets sold out
in minutes, the hype has been all-pervading and the proceeds—all going
to their respective charities—will be huge.

They may then take a few days off for Christmas, but their New Year
celebrations will be away from home at the winner-takes-all six-man
challenge event in Abu Dhabi. With $250,000 on offer to the winner,
it's a very nice way to warm up for a new season at the end of
December, and with Nadal, Federer and Soderling joined by Tomas
Berdych, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Marcos Baghdatis, it will be fireworks
for the spectators too.

Soderling, who has announced a tie-up with the veteran Italian coach
Claudio Pistolesi after a surprise parting of the ways with Magnus
Norman, is already making his preparations at a training camp in Monte
Carlo. Soderling has begun every season at a new-high ranking and he is
looking to do so again, judging from his comments in Monaco. He is, it
seems, working on his aggressive net game, on agility, coordination and
court speed: precisely the right direction to take him up a level.

Andy Murray, too, is in serious training. Indeed he was at his base in
Miami 10 days after the WTFs, having dropped off at the Bahamas for a
celebrity invitation event to raise money for local kids.

Along with Henin, his competitive preparation for the Australian Open
begins at the Hopman Cup on New Year's Day. Many of the top players are
using this unusual, but increasingly popular, event to ease themselves
into match play. It pits pairs from the ATP and WTA tours in national
teams: the likes of Melanie Oudin with John Isner and Murray, in a
repeat of his 2010 pairing, with Laura Robson.

The standout will be the charismatic duo from Serbia: Djokovic and Ana
Ivanovic—and if that doesn't draw the crowds, nothing will. Local
Aussie eyes, though, may also check out a different pair: Lleyton
Hewitt—attempting another comeback in 2011 after two hip
operations—with new coach Tony Roche.

There was another big star slated to grace Perth: Serena Williams. Then
came the dramatic announcement of her withdrawal from the tour until
the spring, including the Australian Open where she is defending
champion. She has not played since winning Wimbledon in July, and has
now twice had surgery on the foot she cut while on holiday after her
London victory.

The Hopman Cup does not feature on the official ATP and WTA calendars
but the start of January brings a plethora of point-winning events. The
biggest of them is in Brisbane, which unites the men's and women's
tours on Australian soil. It is headlined by a busy Soderling as well
as defending champion Andy Roddick, who will be anxious to put a
disappointing WTF—and glandular fever—behind him as he prepares for the
first hard-courts of the year.

Brisbane will also give Fernando Verdasco a chance to make up ground
and, more importantly, confidence after an unexpected slide in form
during much of 2010. One of his major breakthroughs on the tour came in
his storming performance in Melbourne in 2009, taking out Murray in
five sets, Tsonga in four and finally falling to Nadal, after more than
five hours of play through five sets, in the semi-finals. Can he make a
big statement again?

On the women's side, home favourite Sam Stosur, one of biggest
improvers of 2010, will lead the field, followed by Nadia Petrova and
Marion Bartoli. However, down in Auckland, New Zealand, three Russian
women will be stealing the limelight: Maria Sharapova, Svetlana
Kuznetsova and Dinara Safina.

The other two tournaments in this jam-packed week are on two entirely
different continents. One of India's few events is the men's Chennai
250, which will feature last year's two finalists, Marin Cilic and
Stanislas Wawrinka, as well as top seed Berdych.

The Swiss No2 dropped his long-time coach in the summer to take on
Peter Lundgren, and the new model Wawrinka turned in some aggressive
performances during the hard-court season, especially at the US Open.
It will be interesting to see if he can break into the top dozen in
2011 for the first time in two years.

But it is Doha, conveniently located just a hop, skip and a jump from
Abu Dhabi, that has drawn the "names"—as it usually does. Federer and
Nadal could go from one finals showdown in the desert to another. In
Doha, though, they will have to contend with the man who beat both of
them last year in a scintillating display that took him to the title:
Nikolay Davydenko.

After this frenzy of activity across the New Year into the first week
of January, some will take a few days out of competition to prepare for
the Australian Open. Many more, though, will use the second week of the
year to hone their game still further.
You are subscribed to email updates from The Sport Review
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. Email delivery
powered by Google Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610

--
Posted By Mas Item Arekjowo to The Sport Review at 12/20/2010 11:30:00
PM

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Gugukluhayat" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/gugukluhayat?hl=en.

Cevap