h1 a:hover {background-color:#888;color:#fff ! important;}
div#emailbody table#itemcontentlist tr td div ul {
list-style-type:square; padding-left:1em; } div#emailbody
table#itemcontentlist tr td div blockquote { padding-left:6px;
border-left: 6px solid #dadada; margin-left:1em; } div#emailbody
table#itemcontentlist tr td div li { margin-bottom:1em;
margin-left:1em; } table#itemcontentlist tr td a:link,
table#itemcontentlist tr td a:visited, table#itemcontentlist tr td
a:active, ul#summarylist li a { color:#000033; font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:none; } img {border:none;} The Sport Review: “Jérôme
d’Ambrosio to partner Timo Glock at Virgin Racing” plus 2 more- Jérôme d’Ambrosio to partner Timo Glock at Virgin Racing - Where did it go wrong for Rafael Benítez at Inter Milan? - Jamie Carragher wanted as coach for England youngsters Jérôme d’Ambrosio to partner Timo Glock at Virgin Racing Posted: 22 Dec 2010 12:50 PM PST Belgian Jérôme d’Ambrosio will make his Formula 1 debut in 2011, racing alongside Timo Glock at Virgin Racing. The 24-year-old GP2 veteran had been tipped for a drive with the team after impressing under evaluation in Friday practice in the final races of the season. He replaces Brazilian Lucas di Grassi, who is now without a race seat for 2011. "We had followed his progress in GP2 closely and it was clear he was 'one to watch', but when we put him in the car for the four race weekends and the Abu Dhabi test he surpassed even our own expectations,” said Virgin team principal John Booth. D’Ambrosio has spent the last three seasons in the GP2 Series with the DAMS team, securing just one win in the Monaco sprint race in 2010. He has also competed in the F3000 Euroseries with Euronova and Formula Renault with Tech 1 Racing. He also held the role of reserve and test driver for the Renault F1 team in 2010. Booth added: "He slotted into the team perfectly and everyone took a shine to him. Apart from his obvious skill at the wheel of an F1 car, he is an immensely personable young guy who is a pleasure to have around. "He has secured this seat absolutely on merit and I think, coupled with Timo, we have the perfect blend of youth, experience, speed and potential, and we can't wait to see what they can achieve together next season." The Belgian's first experience behind the wheel of Virgin's 2011 car—the VR-02—will be at the Valencia test at the beginning of February. It is understood d'Ambrosio will also bring over $5m in sponsorship revenue with him to the team. "I'm thrilled to have achieved my goal of a Formula 1 race seat with Marussia Virgin Racing,” said d'Ambrosio. "When I came to the team in September this year it was everything I could hope for. "I had a tough test to complete because there was a lot of competition for this seat but, at the same time, I got on well with the team and felt that I had found my home. "I feel very comfortable with them. They are extremely professional and ambitious people and it is exciting to think that I can be a part of shaping the team's future." Timo Glock, who was also finally confirmed for the team for 2011, added: "My congratulations to Jérôme on joining the team and I look forward to working with him next year. "After a tough but rewarding debut season for our team we now have a lot of hard work to do to take Marussia Virgin Racing to the level we should be performing at in 2011. "I for one cannot wait to get started in the new car when testing begins in February." Where did it go wrong for Rafael Benítez at Inter Milan? Posted: 22 Dec 2010 12:04 PM PST Rafael Benítez’s turbulent six-month tenure at Inter Milan came to an end on Tuesday when the Spaniard’s contract at the San Siro was terminated. When the Spaniard took charge of last season’s treble winners he was faced with the daunting task of emulating José Mourinho, who had just led the Nerazzurri to five trophies during his two years in Italy. It was clear Benítez had numerous obstacles to overcome: a squad that appeared to display fierce loyalty to Mourinho, an owner who had become tired of pumping personal funds into a club that had finally achieved European dominance and a sceptical set of fans who had just experienced a near flawless season under the self-proclaimed Special One. On 3 June 2010, former Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillette agreed a payout of £6m to finally end Benítez’s spell at Anfield, paving the way for Inter owner Massimo Moratti to appoint the 50-year-old as Mourinho’s successor just seven days after leaving Merseyside. The first test of his Inter reign came in the Italian Super Cup. Relying on the players inherited from his predecessor, Benítez masterminded a 3-1 victory over Roma to add another cup to the San Siro trophy cabinet. However, six days later Benítez’s new side failed to win the European Super Cup after enduring a disappointing night in Monaco. Goals from José Antonio Reyes and Sergio Aguero sealed victory for Europa League holders Atlético Madrid. It was an opportunity missed as it denied the club a potential clean-sweep of titles in 2010. Benítez’s Inter then stuttered on the first day of the season when his side were held to a goalless draw in Bologna. The Spaniard’s first league victory came on the 11 September against Udinese courtesy of strikes from Lucio and Samuel Eto’o. That win saw Inter embark a four-game unbeaten run until before Benítez’s side were faced with the first real test of his fledgling career in Italy. And a trip to the Stadio Olimpico in Rome ended in bitter disappointment when a 92nd-minute goal by Mirko Vucinic secured a 1-0 win for Roma. However, Inter bounced back from the defeat and navigated through October unbeaten in all competitions. The run included back-to-back victories in the league and in Europe – the highlight a 4-0 demolition of Werder Bremen. But the tide began to turn against Benítez on 2 November when Inter were humbled by Champions League debutants Tottenham. Gareth Bale sparkled for Spurs as the Champions League holders were beaten 3-1 at White Hart Lane. More misery was heaped on the former Valencia coach in the 164th Milan derby when AC snatched an invaluable 1-0 win against their bitter city rivals. The defeat marked the end of Inter’s 46-game unbeaten run at home and propelled AC Milan further clear at the summit of Serie A. And matters worsened seven days later when Inter succumbed to a 2-1 defeat against mid-table Chievo. The loss led to speculation over Benítez’s future at the San Siro with Moratti unhappy at the poor start to Inter’s season. But Benítez gained some valuable breathing space with a narrow 1-0 win over FC Twente that secured Inter’s passage into the last 16 of the Champions League. That was then followed by a 5-2 victory over Parma in league to momentarily quench the bloodthirsty Italian media. But the respite barely lasted a week. Inter lost their final two games ahead of their trip to Abu Dhabi to compete in the Club World Cup. They suffered a 3-1 loss against Lazio before Bundesliga relegation candidates Werder Bremen beat Benítez’s side 3-0. Benítez’s future hung in the balance. The 50-year-old led Inter to successive victories at the Sheikh Zayed Sports City stadium to see Inter win the Club World Cup for the first time in their history with a 3-0 victory over TP Mazembe on 19 December. But Benítez, who is no stranger to political struggles with club owners, responded to growing speculation surrounding his position at Inter by issuing a “back me or sack me” ultimatum to Moratti. And it appears this was the final straw for Moratti after having grown tired of Benítez’s disappointing start. The Spaniard came out fighting on Monday and denied he had been dismissed but it is understood he was told he would be sacked via email later that night. Jamie Carragher wanted as coach for England youngsters Posted: 22 Dec 2010 10:51 AM PST The Football Association are targeting Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher as a potential coach for England youth teams. Carragher, who has already passed his Uefa B coaching badge and is working on his A badge, has been approached by the FA to work with England youngsters aged 16 and upwards. The FA’s director of football development, Trevor Brooking, confirmed they are looking to appoint untested young English coaches to help cultivate domestic football and the national team. “We will probably bring someone in, in the new year, trying to involve them across the broad part of the organisation, rather than just with the senior team,” said Brooking. “To look at our teams, our structure and sample what being an international manager is all about. “Players who might be starting to think about doing courses can come in and watch the development teams train, just to see if they can have some input and if they like it or not.” Carragher has not been available for selection for Liverpool since suffering a dislocated shoulder at Tottenham in October. Meanwhile, former Manchester City chairman David Bernstein has been nominated to take over as the FA’s new chairman. The 67-year-old spent nine years on the board at Eastlands and five as chairman. The nomination was approved unanimously by the FA board on Wednesday and the FA Council will be asked to endorse the appointment in late January. You are subscribed to email updates from The Sport Review To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. Email delivery powered by Google Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610 -- Posted By Mas Item Arekjowo to The Sport Review at 12/22/2010 11:04:00 PM -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gugukluhayat" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/gugukluhayat?hl=en.
