h1 a:hover {background-color:#888;color:#fff ! important;}
div#emailbody table#itemcontentlist tr td div ul {
list-style-type:square; padding-left:1em; } div#emailbody
table#itemcontentlist tr td div blockquote { padding-left:6px;
border-left: 6px solid #dadada; margin-left:1em; } div#emailbody
table#itemcontentlist tr td div li { margin-bottom:1em;
margin-left:1em; } table#itemcontentlist tr td a:link,
table#itemcontentlist tr td a:visited, table#itemcontentlist tr td
a:active, ul#summarylist li a { color:#000033; font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:none; } img {border:none;} The Sport Review: “Team
Lotus confirms test and reserve driver line-up” plus 2 more- Team Lotus confirms test and reserve driver line-up - Manchester United are suffering from midfield inertia - Man Utd have missed Antonio Valencia, admits Sir Alex Team Lotus confirms test and reserve driver line-up Posted: 11 Mar 2011 01:38 PM PST Team Lotus has confirmed that Luiz Razia and Davide Valsecchi will combine their 2011 GP2 Team AirAsia commitments with official roles in Formula 1. Luiz Razia, 21, will join as the Anglo-Malaysian team's reserve and test driver, with 2010 GP2 Asia Series champion Davide Valsecchi, 24, as test driver. Ricardo Teixeira, who tested with the team during the 2011 pre-season, also joins the team as a second test driver "to continue his long-term development program with the team and is “proud” to be the first Angolan in F1. "We are very pleased to have confirmed that Luiz, Davide and Ricardo will all be extending their relationships with the Team Lotus family by filling the roles of Third Driver and Test Drivers respectively for the 2011 season," said Team Lotus CEO Riad Asmat. "Luiz and Davide's efforts have helped Team AirAsia enjoy a very strong start to its debut season and their roles with Team Lotus will give them invaluable experience of the highest level of global motorsport which will help their natural talents develop in the right direction. "Ricardo has already learnt a huge amount from his two runs in our car in pre-season testing and we are very excited about seeing Luiz, Davide and Ricardo continue to grow with us throughout 2011 and beyond and the whole team is looking forward to working with them." Razia, who was reserve driver with Virgin Racing for 2010, said: "I am absolutely delighted to have confirmed my role as Third Driver for Team Lotus. “Both Team Lotus and Team AirAsia have very exciting futures ahead and now I also have an excellent chance to build on my F1 experience. "I've been able to bring that experience to the GP2 championship already and I'm sure that with the calibre of people involved in both Team AirAsia and Team Lotus we will achieve success very soon and be challenging for points, podiums and race wins whenever possible." Razia and Valsecchi will both take part in a number of Friday practice sessions at selected races, while the team is also working on other exciting driver-related projects to be announced during the season. Davide Valsecchi added: "I am so happy to be part of both Team Lotus and Team AirAsia this season. “They are both fantastic teams with a great amount of experience and I will learn a huge amount, on and off track. I'm excited about the Friday practice sessions ahead and I'll do my best to help Team Lotus keep moving forward and absorb as much as I can from the F1 team." Manchester United are suffering from midfield inertia Posted: 11 Mar 2011 05:57 AM PST Manchester United's defeat to Liverpool in a bad tempered North-West derby last weekend highlighted the frailty currently undermining their title bid: Sir Alex Ferguson's men are suffering from midfield inertia. United have now slumped to consecutive defeats on the road following last week's loss at Chelsea – and in both games their midfield has looked fragile. Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick endured a torrid 90 minutes at Anfield, where they were dominated by Liverpool trio Lucas Leiva, Steven Gerrard and Raul Meireles. Scholes has been a wonderful servant for United but the 36-year-old is fading, and Ferguson desperately needs a creative midfielder to act as the linchpin between attack and defence in the centre of the field. Carrick, who joined from Tottenham for £18m in 2006, too often slides into anonymity and lacks the ability to stamp any kind of authority on a match. Darron Gibson, meanwhile, has yet to prove himself as a contender to fill Scholes's boots. The 23-year-old Republic of Ireland international, who has only made nine league appearances this season, has been unable to cement a place in Ferguson’s side and looks unlikely to be the man to drive United forward as Scholes edges closer to retirement. Another cause of United's midfield malady is Ferguson's failure to bring in an adequate replacement for former captain Roy Keane. Darren Fletcher has gradually grown into his role as United's holding midfielder since Keane's exit in 2005, but despite possessing grit and tenacity in abundance he lacks the Irishman's world class ability. Anderson is yet to fulfil his potential since arriving at Old Trafford with great promise in 2007 and Owen Hargreaves—who went some way towards filling the void left by Keane in his first season with United—has seen his career brought to a stuttering halt by a string of knee injuries. If Ferguson intends to leave a squad capable of winning trophies behind when he eventually steps down at Old Trafford, finding worthy replacements for Keane and Scholes is key. Man Utd have missed Antonio Valencia, admits Sir Alex Posted: 11 Mar 2011 05:35 AM PST Sir Alex Ferguson admits Manchester United have sorely missed winger Antonio Valencia this season. The Ecuador international has been out of action since sustaining a broken ankle in United's Champions League clash with Rangers last September. The 25-year-old winger, who has been back in first-team training for three weeks and travelled with the squad for last Sunday’s game at Liverpool, will not return in time for Saturday's FA Cup tie with Arsenal. But Ferguson is hopeful Valencia's imminent return can provide a timely boost for the Barclays Premier League leaders as the season reaches its climax. “He was fantastic last season, absolutely brilliant,” said Ferguson. “He was a great signing, he really was. “The great thing about him was he takes the ball with such great strength and balance. He can take the ball up to the other end of the pitch for you. We missed that pace and acceleration. “Although Nani has done fantastic – I mean he’s been a revelation this season – we’ve missed that.” The United manager added: "He’s training very well and has played in practice matches. We have to decide when we put him into a first-team game. “It’s about timing, being out for a long time. At some point we’ll try it. It won’t be tomorrow [Saturday], but it will be soon." You are subscribed to email updates from The Sport Review To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. Email delivery powered by Google Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610 -- Posted By Mas Item Arekjowo to The Sport Review at 3/11/2011 11:16:00 PM -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gugukluhayat" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/gugukluhayat?hl=en.
