Hi,

On Thu 30 Apr 2009 12:30, l...@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> "Andy Wingo" <wi...@pobox.com> writes:
>
>>     * libguile/macros.h: Add API for syncase macros.
>
> Perhaps these should be made `SCM_INTERNAL'?

The functions should probably be public, as they are public to Scheme.
The bit-twiddlings should either be left as-is, or pulled into
macros.c -- but there is already some bit-twiddling that's public.

>> +SCM_DEFINE (scm_make_syncase_macro, "make-syncase-macro", 2, 0, 0,
>> +            (SCM type, SCM binding),
>> +        "Return a @dfn{macro} that requires expansion by syntax-case.\n"
>
> [...]
>
>> +SCM_DEFINE (scm_make_extended_syncase_macro, "make-extended-syncase-macro",
>> 3, 0, 0,
>> +            (SCM m, SCM type, SCM binding),
>> +        "Extend a core macro @var{m} with a syntax-case binding.")
>
> Can you explain how it works?  Having a SMOB type for `syntax-case'
> macros seems counter-intuitive to me.  :-)

It's the same smob type as normal macros, but a different macro type.
Have another look :)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/