l...@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Mark H Weaver <m...@netris.org> skribis:
>
>> l...@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>>
>>> l...@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

>>> Done in aaea5b2 with minor modifications in srfi-modules.texi to make it
>>> more consistent with the rest of the manual.
>>
>> This commit broke the build, because it forgot to add srfi-25.scm.
>>
>> For now, I reverted the commit instead of fixing it, because there are a
>> few other problems with srfi-25.scm which I had told Andreas about over
>> IRC but never posted about.  Sorry about that.  I guess maybe that's why
>> Andreas didn't respond more quickly to your earlier email.

Yep, I didn't come around to address these issues, and assumed they were
communicated and taken into consideration when Ludo stated his intention
to apply my patch.

>> In a couple of places, it has code like this:
>>
>> +     (cond ((array? i)
>> +            (apply array-ref array (array->index-list i)))
>> +           ((vector? i)
>> +            (apply array-ref array (vector->list i)))
>>
>> Since every vector is also considered an array, the second clause of the
>> 'cond' is dead code.
>>
>> Also, it would be good to avoid consing in common cases in 'array-ref'
>> and 'array-set!', by adding special cases for 1 and 2 dimensional array
>> accesses, at least when the indices are given as direct arguments.
>>
>> Finally, the following line should be put somewhere in the module:
>>
>> (cond-expand-provide (current-module) '(srfi-25))
>
> Too much asynchrony here. ;-)  I hope Andreas or you can look into it.

I hope I'll have time to look into it tomorrow, and post a patch based
on Ludo's adaptions, addressing the issues raised by Mark; thanks for
cleaning up the docs Ludo, BTW!

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann -- <http://rotty.xx.vu/>