On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 11:07:40 +0200
Andy Wingo <wi...@pobox.com> wrote:
[snip]
> I would like stdint.h though :)

I agree.  stdint.h is required by C++11, Appendix D5, to be available
in C++11 and later, with the same meaning as in C99, but in practice it
was available before then.  It is provided by gcc-4.4 with the
-std=c++0x or -std=c99 flags for example (gcc-4.4 is the oldest compiler
I have installed, which I keep for test purposes).

I think it is reasonable to assume these days that any reasonable
compiler implementation will have the C99 extended integer types
available to it, including the optional ones so far as the architecture
supports them.

Chris