> Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 11:17:07 +0100
> From: Omar Polo <o...@omarpolo.com>
>
> I'm not sure this patch is palatable as-is, but I'm adding it to the
> OpenBSD port to have less failures in the regress suite.
>
> The main issue is that "guile" may not be available at test time for
> various reasons.  (the install prefix is not in $PATH, the executable
> may be renamed --program-suffix, etc...)

the intent of the test is to test the just-produced Guile binary, so
if that binary is not on PATH, the test suite should be fixed so that
it is on PATH.

> The comment about windows however makes me think that neither sh may
> be available.  Using meta/guile then is better, other tests are doing
> that, but I haven't found the right incantation to do so.

I'm responsible for that comment, so when I ran the test suite, it did
find the Guile binary in the build tree.  Maybe something happened in
the meantime that it doesn't now, but the right fix is IMO definitely
not to replace Guile with sh, as relying on sh being available is not
going to work on Windows.

Please instead try to figure out why guile is not on PATH.  Running
meta/guile might be better, but isn't that a shell script that
requires sh as well?