On Sat, Mar 23, 2024 at 11:09 AM Jonas Hahnfeld <hah...@hahnjo.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 2024-03-20 at 16:40 -0400, Thompson, David wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 4:29 PM Jonas Hahnfeld <hah...@hahnjo.de> wrote:
> > > So I can confirm that JIT indeed doesn't work right now on 64-bit
> > > MinGW, but it's relatively easy to fix (first patch). In essence
> > > lightening was getting the calling convention wrong.
> >
> > Wow! Have you seen the JIT do its thing (via GUILE_JIT_LOG) or just
> > verified that compilation succeeds when JIT is enabled? Either way, a
> > big step forward. The patch is very simple, too.
>
> I had only verified that the produced LilyPond executable still worked,
> but I can now confirm that setting GUILE_JIT_LOG shows that something
> is happening. I don't have performance data on this yet, I asked the
> community to test the version on larger inputs.
>
> > > Compilation just works --with-threads, as long as bdwgc was built with
> > > --enable-threads=posix to override the automatic detection of win32
> > > threading. I haven't tested if it actually works, but there might be a
> > > good chance.
> >
> > This is also encouraging! Anyone out there want to run a test using
> > call-with-new-thread?
>
> So for the fun, I tried compiling --with-threads again and (call-with-
> new-thread) seems to return new threads.

Your patches look *very very* promising, then! I'm excited. :)

- Dave

  • Re: Guile 64-bit ... Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
  • Re: Guile 64-bit ... Developers list for Guile, the GNU extensibility library
    • Re: Guile 64... Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
    • Re: Guile 64... Thompson, David
      • Re: Guil... Developers list for Guile, the GNU extensibility library
        • Re: ... Thompson, David
          • ... Developers list for Guile, the GNU extensibility library
          • ... Developers list for Guile, the GNU extensibility library
          • ... Thompson, David