On Thu 18 May 2017 15:38, Christopher Allan Webber <cweb...@dustycloud.org>
writes:

> I frequently find that ,locals does not display much information... it
> seems to be a toss-up whether the variables I need will be contained
> in it, so I've reduced the amount I use the actual debugger system in
> Guile a lot.  A shame, because it seems really nice.

This is related to the "basic register allocation" task from
https://wingolog.org/archives/2016/02/04/guile-compiler-tasks.

> But then I ran ,optimize, and that made it obvious what's happening:

Ah, yes you might also have to disable partial evaluation.  Note that
,optimize basically runs only partial evaluation and not the other
phases of the compiler.

> scheme@(guile-user)> ,optimize-less
> scheme@(guile-user)> ,optimize-more

Not a bad idea :)  Probably should use the same mechanism as "guild
compile"'s -O0, -O1, -O2 etc logic.

Andy