dannym pushed a commit to branch master
in repository guix.
Author: Danny Milosavljevic <dan...@scratchpost.org>
Date: Fri Jul 21 01:06:46 2017 +0200
build: Allow mounting of entire disks.
* gnu/build/file-systems.scm (disk-partitions): Also return entire drives.
gnu/build/file-systems.scm | 17 +++++++++--------
1 file changed, 9 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
diff --git a/gnu/build/file-systems.scm b/gnu/build/file-systems.scm
index b693049..203fbdf 100644
@@ -373,15 +373,16 @@ not valid header was found."
"Return the list of device names corresponding to valid disk partitions."
- (define (last-character str)
- (string-ref str (- (string-length str) 1)))
(define (partition? name major minor)
- ;; Select device names that end in a digit, like libblkid's 'probe_all'
- ;; function does. Checking for "/sys/dev/block/MAJOR:MINOR/partition"
- ;; doesn't work for partitions coming from mapped devices.
- (and (char-set-contains? char-set:digit (last-character name))
- (> major 2))) ;ignore RAM disks and floppy disks
+ ;; grub-mkrescue does some funny things for EFI support which
+ ;; makes it a lot more difficult than one would expect to support
+ ;; booting an ISO-9660 image from an USB flash drive.
+ ;; For example there's a buggy (too small) hidden partition in it
+ ;; which Linux mounts and then proceeds to fail while trying to
+ ;; fall off the edge.
+ ;; In any case, partition tables are supposed to be optional so
+ ;; here we allow checking entire disks for file systems, too.
+ (> major 2)) ;ignore RAM disks and floppy disks