Hello Guix and Ricardo,
The original patch series was working correctly and producing working binaries.
some path issues, which I mention later. Some features and flags (present in
are missing from that version of GCC 4.9, so I added GCC 6.2.0 as an extra
Here are the modifications to Ricardo's patches for the arm-none-eabi
bare metal cross compiler:
- Cross-binutils is modified to use binutils 2.5.1, that cross-base provides,
as it is producing working binaries. The version of binutils from the svn commit
that was used by Ricardo is compiling correct binaries as well. Thus, if it is
deemed appropriate, the source for xbinutils can be swapped for the previous
with (seemingly) no difference.
- The cross-gcc of the original, was failing to find the newlib-provided
my system. I have set the native-cross-paths as a workaround. Not sure if there
is a better alternative, or if that behavior is my mistake.
- A package for cross GCC 6.2.0 is added, with appropriate patches for multilib
support, taken from the arch linux version of the package.
- Newlib-arm-none-eabi and newlib-nano-arm-none-eabi have been changed to
procedures, taking a cross-gcc as an argument, so as to facilitate building with
either version of gcc.
- An arm-none-eabi-toolchain procedure is declared, to create toolchain packages
for both gcc and newlib versions. The four toolchain variables follow. Not sure
if it's a mistake to include "nano" in the toolchain version.
This is the first patch that I send in guix-devel, so please bear with my
* gnu: Add arm-none-eabi-toolchain.
* gnu: Add newlib-arm-none-eabi.
* gnu: Add arm-none-eabi-gcc-6 and patches.
* gnu: Add arm-none-eabi cross compiler.
gnu/local.mk | 1 +
gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm | 1 +
gnu/packages/embedded.scm | 226
gnu/packages/patches/gcc-6-arm-none-eabi-multilib.patch | 201
gnu/packages/patches/gcc-6-cross-environment-variables.patch | 65
5 files changed, 494 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 gnu/packages/embedded.scm
create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gcc-6-arm-none-eabi-multilib.patch
create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gcc-6-cross-environment-variables.patch