On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 04:37:06PM +0200, Andreas Enge wrote: > On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:29:54AM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote: > > I'll set up a Hydra jobset for the branch once it has been created. > > Maybe it would be good to wait until core-updates is merged? Hydra is > currently busy building that. Also, there is still the wip-python branch > on hydra, maybe this could then be deleted, or commits cherry-picked?
Yes, I was going to coordinate with the rest of the admins to schedule this Python rebuild. I think it should happen after this core-updates cycle. The wip-python branch is on hold until we have Python 3.5 in master. I found some significant differences in how Python 3.4 and 3.5 affect building, and I didn't want to juggle three different Python package graphs: current master, current core-updates, and wip-pytohn. The core Python packages are *extremely* tangled up in each other. Help wanted, and I do plan to tackle it after the next release, and potentially after this new build system is merged. It depends on how quickly the new build system looks ready for master. We could even restart wip-python on wip-python-build-system, since I didn't make concrete progress on wip-python, unfortunately.
Description: PGP signature