Am 12.10.2016 um 18:03 schrieb Leo Famulari:
>> >  (define %standard-phases
>> > -  ;; 'configure' and 'build' phases are not needed.  Everything is done
>> > during
>> > -  ;; 'install'.
>> > +  ;; 'configure' phase is not needed.
> I have no real comment because I don't know the python-build-system well
> enough. Is the sentence about 'install' no longer accurate?

The python-build-system uses the build and the install phase, but not
the configure phase. So the old comment was plain wrong. I assume once
only the install phase was used[*] and the comment has had been correct :-)

Which is possible and much like running "make install" without prior run
to "make".

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel