Leo Famulari <l...@famulari.name> skribis:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:13:32PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

>> Yeah.  I was thinking that we’d want to finish this core-updates cycle
>> and then later do an ungrafting round or something.
>> WDYT?
> That sounds good. I think we should try doing some more specific
> "updates" branches in between releases, assuming we have the compute
> power and the motivation.
> And we could also have some periodic ungrafting rebuilds when necessary
> and feasible.

Yes, definitely.

More generally, we could try to have a “staging” branch for safe changes
that involve a rebuild of between ~300 and ~1200 packages, that we’d
merge more frequently than ‘core-updates’ (I think the Nix folks do
that).  By “safe” I mean things like ungrafting, minor upgrades and
improvements; the goal would be to reduce the latency for such changes.

Things that rebuild more than ~1200 packages would still go to

> So, we would graft guile-2.0, make guile-2.0/fixed use 2.0.12, and set
> replacement #f in guile-next? Anything else?

Yes, and a couple of related changes.  Pushed as