Hello,

On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 02:49:51PM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:

And the same happens again: He does not condemn systemd, calling it Free
Software due to the GPL license. In my opinion systemd is violating one of the 4
freeedoms of GPL: Freedom 1 (as well as the *NIX and KISS philosophy)
      * The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it
        does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the
        source code is a precondition for this.

It's really time for a re-definition of Free Software, not only basing such
definitions solely on the license at hand. It is also a matter of freedoms of
the users of software. Especially in view of that most Free Software nowadays is
developed by commercial players, having their own agenda, actively alienating
their users (and non-paid, spare time developers).

could please you explain me your point of view?

I can see systemd's source code published on github with the license
guaranteeing me that I can study it and fork it to change it.

Best regards,

S_W