Alex Vong <alexvong1...@gmail.com> writes:

> [...] It seems many think λ is not newcomer-friendly [...].

I would go one step farther and argue that the name "lambda" itself is
not the best, regardless of whether it's written as "lambda" or "λ".  I
agree with the authors of Structure and Interpretation of Computers when
they wrote ((sicp) 1.3.2):

"It would be clearer and less intimidating to people learning Lisp if a
name more obvious than ‘lambda’, such as ‘make-procedure’, were used.
But the convention is firmly entrenched."

But I digress.  That ship has sailed, so the least we can do is to write
"lambda" instead of "λ" to keep Guix approachable/hackable for
newcomers.  Every little bit counts.

--
Chris