On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:26:50 -0300
Laura Lazzati <laura.lazzati...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 1:18 PM Laura Lazzati
> <laura.lazzati...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 12:40 PM Gábor Boskovits
> > <boskov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Laura Lazzati <laura.lazzati...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont:
> > > 2018. okt. 18., Cs, 17:26):

> > > Oops, my bad, yes. I've checked this more thoroughly, on my system
> > > guild is provided by guile, which should be provided by guile.
> > > Could you run a which guild and a which guile inside the guix
> > > environment guix?
> > I went back to the previous snapshot several times.
> >
> > I was cloning the  guix and throwing guix environment guix without
> > doing cd guix After several times, I realized that I had a warning
> > in the output:
> >
> > building /gnu/store/ilscbls919b78vn9l7b2jb72jmalbxm8-profile.drv...
> > warning: collision encountered:
> >  /gnu/store/b5x786d3h552j2zp4ppvlz9dkbiqy2ng-ld-wrapper-0/bin/ld
> >  /gnu/store/srmqh29dpm50j8kj1pbqg2rgh053wgyp-binutils-2.30/bin/ld
> > warning: choosing
> > /gnu/store/b5x786d3h552j2zp4ppvlz9dkbiqy2ng-ld-wrapper-0/bin/ld
> > successfully
> > built /gnu/store/ilscbls919b78vn9l7b2jb72jmalbxm8-profile.drv But I
> > did not paid attention to that, echo $? was OK (0). And then ran
> > everything as I stated, facing all that issues.
> >
> > Now I've cloned the repo again, removing previously the guix
> > directory. did cd guix
> > and ran guix environment guix
> > Did not have that warning anymore, just the usual locale warning
> > that happens all the time.
> > ran ./bootstrap
> >
> > And in both cases (before restoring my VM state, and now) the result
> > of the which commands are:
> >
> > /gnu/store/2w5kxhmkq4zkamsgx1b40vr3ii1z4dxb-profile/bin/guild
> > and
> > /gnu/store/2w5kxhmkq4zkamsgx1b40vr3ii1z4dxb-profile/bin/guile
> >
> > I don't know if this is relevant or not, and if I should run the
> > .configure or not before you seing this.
> I answer myself:
> ran
> $./configure --localstatedir=/var
> And same output.

Sad.

OK, first check again that you are working with the "right" guix:

Check 'which guix' and it should be the one in ~/.config/guix/bin/guix
If not, it was somewhere in the discussion already (Excuse my brevity,
need to go soon).

If that doesn't fix, I suppose still you have the "wrong" guile,
somehwere from Ubuntu. Try this:

guix environment --pure guix

or even stronger:

guix environment -C guix

These are stronger environments, the last one even a container (that
could cause even more trouble, ah, yes, the container will cause
trouble because it cannot access the build daemon, damn.)

The --pure and -C have the feature that they will blend out everything
from your current environment. Even "normal" stuff like ls, which, etc.

But you can enrich again your environment:

guix environment --pure guix --ad-hoc coreutils findutils which

would be a good starter.

Read in manual about guix environment.

Hope this brings you a step further.

Again, sorry for brevity.