On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 5:05 PM Thorsten Wilms <t...@freenet.de> wrote:

> Looking for an explanation for having user and root profile guix, since
> you seem to be unaware of how that works and I can't be sure of my own
> understanding, I found something related:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2017-10/msg00014.html
>
> Thing is, I did
> `ln -s /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/bin/guix
> /usr/local/bin/guix`
> during installation and that symlink is still intact. Yet, `guix pull`
> and `sudo guix pull` are markedly different.

I see, then I will try to go back to my VM snapshot before I first made a
guix pull when trying commands  - then I don't understand why the first
time it worked for me - and make the symlink, because I need to have it
working, and I would like to have it for my user - yes my user can run
sudo, but that's not the point - :(

> --
> Thorsten Wilms
>
> thorwil's design for free software: