Hi Ludo and Simon,

Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.cour...@inria.fr> writes:

> I’m happy to announce the first release of Guix-Jupyter!

This looks very good, even though I will probably have to rework my
reproducible-research-tutorial-with-guix tutorial now ;-)

I haven't looked at this yet in any detail, but I wonder how you deal
with Jupyter pluging (e.g. widgets). For reproducibility, they ought to
be taken from the notebook's specific environment, rather than from the
environment from which Jupyter and the Guix kernel are taken. But this
looks difficult to do, given Jupyter's messy architecture.

zimoun <zimon.touto...@gmail.com> writes:

> To me, it is very funny that all the folks find Jupyter amazing when
> it is a worse version of Org-mode (troll troll) ;-)

Yes and no. Org-mode doesn't have anything close to Jupyter's widgets.
But otherwise, I agree.

It would be nice in fact to adapt the ideas behind Guix-Jupyter (and
perhaps parts of the code) to Org-mode. Some integration with Emacs will
be necessary to tell Org-mode to start Python etc. from the Guix
environment.

> Is the UI ;;guix aligned with the CLI UI ($ guix)?

I actually wonder which way the alignment should be done - the current
guix CLI is a bit of a mess already.

Cheers,
  Konrad.