Hi,

raingloom <raingl...@riseup.net> skribis:

> It'd actually be nice if static linking could be used in places other
> than the initrd. I'm experimenting with some old resource constrained
> machines, and it made me realize just how much space even a basic `guix
> pull` can take up.

That’s an issue in Guile’s compiler that Andy has been working on
recently.  Static linking won’t help you.

More generally, shared libraries (dynamic linking) are a way to save
memory: those libraries are shared, meaning they can be loaded only once
in memory even if there are many processes using them.

Ludo’.