On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 05:55:20PM +0200, Josselin Poiret wrote:
> Hi Ludo and Chris,
>
> Ludovic Courtès <l...@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > Probably the main issue is that childhurds now fail to boot:
> >
> >   https://issues.guix.gnu.org/62307#23
> >
> > We can still build “new” i586-gnu binaries on an “old” childhurd, of
> > course, but to me that’s doing that is less of a priority.
>
> [1] should fix this.  We have at least three important failures
> regarding native compilation now:
>
> - coreutils doesn't build.  This is because our bootstrap glibc doesn't
>   contain all the kernel headers, and coreutils tries to use some of
>   them directly.  This should be fixable by adding an additional
>   bootstrap input for the Hurd with the missing kernel sources, I'm
>   trying to get one right now.
>
>   While discussing with janneke, we also figured out that
>   coreutils-boot0 was probably unneeded as it's only used to rm a file
>   in an origin later on that could be removed with pure Guile.  That
>   would be a world rebuild though so let's leave that for later.

If all you need is to remove coreutils-boot0 from the origin then you
could create a similar boot0 package specifically for the hurd and make
the fix there, and then use the current package or your new one as an
input in later packages based on the architecture.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efr...@flashner.co.il>   פלשנר אפרים