Am 31.07.23 um 04:05 schrieb Hilton Chain:
I think we can define library and CLI program separately, since Python
libraries usually need to propagate some inputs, while CLI programs in
/bin and /sbin do not, as they are wrapped by the build system.

I like the idea of "hiding" dependencies behind the script and not have them pollute the library path. And indeed I just thought about something like this when packaging vagrant (which is a rube-program).

If we implement such a thing, IMHO it should become a wrapper function, doing all the magic, so the program would defined as simple as

(define-public xxx
    (python-scripts-from-package
       python-xxx
       "xxx" "xxx3" "xxx-admin"))   ; selecting scripts might be useful/necessary

And of course we should start providing such a thing for other languages, too.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goe...@crazy-compilers.com               |