Hi Giovanni,

On Fri, 15 Sep 2023 at 16:37, Giovanni Biscuolo <g...@xelera.eu> wrote:

> maybe we are drifting... again? ;-)

Yes we are. :-)

> Is it /complex/ or /complicated/?

Change-Id is not really complex – especially if the complexity is hidden
behind some pre-commit hook – and it is not complex compared to setup
git-send-email for example.

IMHO, it is complicated because it adds yet another point of potential
friction.  Well, let focus the discussion on practical implementation
details instead of some abstract considerations.  It is only once all is
implemented that this discussion about “complicated” enters, IMHO.

On a side note, documentation is very fine but I do not read (or
study!?) the documentation of my oven, instead I am just cooking stuff
for fun.  Other said, the first principle is the principle of the least
astonishment (POLA).  If a project needs really lengthy documentation
for just contributing, either it is a more-than-thousand contributors
project as the Linux kernel, either something is wrong.  Maybe both. ;-)

Cheers,
simon