Hey Christopher and Ludovic,

First, congrats on the NLnet funding! I've wanted to see this project
happen for years so I'm excited to see it finally happening.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 9:30 AM Ludovic Courtès <l...@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> Christopher Baines <m...@cbaines.net> skribis:
>
> > My plan is to focus on this over the next year. I left my previous day
> > job quite a few months ago now to take a bit of a break, that's the main
> > reason I've been able to spend more time trying to push forward some of
> > the QA stuff. With some monetary support from NLNet [2], I'm planning to
> > continue this break and focus for the next year on getting a Guile
> > implementation of the guix-daemon written and adopted.
> >
> > 2: https://nlnet.nl/project/GuixDaemon-Guile/
>
> Yay, this is great news!! But also: thank you for your long-term
> commitment, it’s an invaluable contribution to the project.

> I imagine the daemon could be structured as a set of actors (it’s really
> my thing these days ;-)), with an eye on facilitating code sharing and
> interaction with the Coordinator, Cuirass, and all that.

Sounds like an excellent idea to us Spritely folks, too! :)

Christopher, if you ever need help with actor model related things,
come talk to us in #spritely on libera.chat.

- Dave