Hi,

Simon Tournier <zimon.touto...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,

>> > What do you mean?
>> >
>> > 1. The manual you are pointing is the released v1.4.0 manual, not the
>> > latest one. This v1.4.0 manual is set in stone and is a snapshot
>> > of Guix at v1.4.0.
>>
>> if Guix is using a rolling release model, then maybe it's not an
>> unreasonable expectation that the online manual also follows the latest in
>> the git repo, no?
>>
>> maybe we should stop prefixing devel/, and start prefixing the releases?
>
> Here is the website:
>
>     https://guix.gnu.org/
>
> On the top, under Download, you have Standard vs Latest.
> Under Help, you have "GNU Guix manual 1.4.0" vs "GNU Guix manual (latest)".
>
> You are proposing that https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/ points to the
> latest manual.
> That https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/ is removed or redirected to
> https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/.
> And that https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/v1.4.0 points to the frozen
> manual of v1.4.0.
> Right?

My expectation for browsing help from a website these days is that
there's a single link to go to the docs, and upon landing on the doc
page, there's a drop-down button somewhere allowing to select which
version I want to consult (it defaults to the latest version available).

For an example, see the Python documentation: https://docs.python.org/3/

--
Thanks,
Maxim