On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 12:14:42PM +0100, Simon Tournier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a proposal for implementing Request-For-Comment process.
> Comment are welcome in #66844 [1]:
>
>     1: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/66844
>

> The proposal is highly inspired by Rust RFC:
>
>     https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs
>
> and also by GHC Haskell proposal process [1] and Nix RFC process [2].  Based
> on my understanding of Guix community interactions, I write down this
> text; below the text for easing the reading.
>
> Cheers,
> simon
>
> 1: https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals
> 2: https://github.com/NixOS/rfcs

I think this is a great idea and that we should implement it. Looking
through it I didn't see anything that jumped out to me as something that
needed to be changed.

Currently we have largish changes split between guix-patches and
guix-devel, with no real clear way to draw people's attention to them.
Currently I'm aware of re-arranging the go packages, splitting some of
the system services into their own modules, I'd like to add a field to
(guix platform), it'd be good to formalize some of these processes to
make it clearer about what's expected and what's going on.

Actually, in terms of suggestions, I'd add the rfc/ folder in
etc/teams.scm to set guix-devel as one of the team members.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efr...@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא