> In the systemd realm, there are different types of services, I think one
> is called "one-shot" which is effectively quite similar to the types of
> services guix has... they do something once, and there is no running
> daemon. So, for better or worse, guix is not so far from one of the most
> widespread and commonly used systems here...

executed at each boot vs. executed when compiling the system (i.e. at different
stages, as in 'staged computation').

it's a bit like using the same word to describe macros and functions in lisp:
yes, deep down they are both just functions, but they are different enough to
warrant a different name to facilitate a more efficient human comprehension.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39

          • ... Attila Lendvai
          • ... Michal Atlas
          • ... Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
          • ... Liliana Marie Prikler
          • ... Attila Lendvai
          • ... Liliana Marie Prikler
          • ... Attila Lendvai