I have identified three significantly different categories of newcomers:
1. coming from a nix background, having guix already installed and
experimented with it a bit
2. well aware of the involved concepts, looking into adopting guix for a
particular usecase, if guix is not installed they can do it themselves in a
few minutes without much handholding
3. total newcomers, maybe with some vaugh ideas about guix, possibly
without a device where they could install it

I believe that these groups have different expectations regarding the
session.

Also we should arrange that te newcomer session is somewhere in the
beginning of guix days, so that
1. they don't feel excluded
2. we can leverage the potential brought to the community by their new
perspective for the rest of the event already

Regards,
g_bor