Hi Oleg,

Thank you for the reply and tips!

I'm happy to be helping :)

Best regards,

Arthur

-------- Original Message --------
On Thursday, 09/10/26 at 17:56 Sharlatan Hellseher <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> ... Continuation
>
> On PR, if you are a team member but has no commit access
> You may mark PR with tag peer-reviewed when you think PR
> satisfying all Guix requirements and anyone with commit
> access may push it in free time.
>
> Enjoy and thanks for your help on review processes
> and packaging Docker deps ;-)
>
> Oleg
>
> VCS: https://github.incerto.xyz/; https://git.sr.ht/~hellseher/
> GPG: 9847 81DE 689C 21C2 6418 0867 76D7 27BF F62C D2B5
>
> … наш разум - превосходная объяснительная машина которая способна найти смысл 
> почти в чем угодно, истолковать любой феномен, но совершенно не в состоянии 
> принять мысль о непредсказуемости.
>
> On Thu, 10 Sept 2026, 21:50 Sharlatan Hellseher, <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Arthur,
>>
>> Thanks for reaching,
>>
>> [email protected] or issues on CodeBerg with "@guix/go" would help as
>> well to reach out people.
>>
>> Team branch is a place of fast moving, rebasing, squashing, amending
>> place when we need to check some updates
>> which touche a large amount of packages and trigger rebuilds (small
>> updates go directly to master).
>> See: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/1.5.0/en/html_node/Teams.html
>>
>> if would like to install anything from the branch you can you guix 
>> time-machine:
>>
>> guix time-machine --branc=go-team -- install go
>>
>>> btw I tried to push #10649 to go-team and got an error: guix git: error: 
>>> commit 5d..3d lacks a signature
>>
>> It looks like you try to push to the branch which you do not have
>> access to e.g. commit access
>> See: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/1.5.0/en/html_node/Commit-Access.html
>>
>> if you would like to contribute as team member, you mght need to
>> branch off locally from
>> go-team and push as AGit or to your fork and open PR from there.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Oleg
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Sept 2026 at 19:04, Arthur Rodrigues
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I'm mailing every go-team member individually, I don't know if there is an 
>>> address for the team.
>>>
>>> I am writing because I have some questions around the go-team branch and 
>>> would like some help to clarify them, please :)
>>>
>>> My main question is: What is the best/expected way to use the go-team 
>>> branch?
>>> I've read the manual a few times and it still isn't clear to me...
>>>
>>> I know that there is a CI that is evaluating each team branch in a 
>>> queue(https://qa.guix.gnu.org) and it seems that each branch is merged 
>>> after evaluation.
>>> It seems there are some broken Go packages due to 1.26, is there a list 
>>> with these packages? I can help fix them. 
>>> https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/go-team only show 'Information unavailable' 
>>> to me.
>>> Will the branch be merged even with broken packages? What are the 
>>> conditions for the branch to (not) be merged?
>>>
>>> btw I tried to push #10649 to go-team and got an error: guix git: error: 
>>> commit 5d..3d lacks a signature
>>> Should I register my gpg key somewhere (like in guix repo) or just signing 
>>> the commits works?
>>>
>>> Thank you all in advance,
>>> Arthur
>>
>> --
>> VCS: https://github.incerto.xyz/; https://git.sr.ht/~hellseher/
>> GPG: 9847 81DE 689C 21C2 6418 0867 76D7 27BF F62C D2B5
>>
>> … наш разум - превосходная объяснительная машина которая способна
>> найти смысл почти в чем угодно, истолковать любой феномен, но
>> совершенно не в состоянии принять мысль о непредсказуемости.

Reply via email to