Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding Guix running on GNU/Hurd.
There is currently a discussion about including an overlayfs translator in
GNU/Hurd one that corresponds to the overlayfs filesystem found in GNU/Linux.
Since maintaining two similar translators (unionfs and overlayfs)
simultaneously is difficult, it would be highly desirable to implement the
necessary unionfs functionality within overlayfs.

A few years ago, there was a discussion about using the unionfs translator
specifically its "stow" mode to support Guix. In light of this, I would like
to ask a few questions:
1. Are there currently any ideas or proposals regarding the use of unionfs
with Guix?
2. What exactly does the unionfs "stow" mode entail from Guix's perspective?
As I understand it, this would allow for the use of merged directory
functionality instead of a symlink tree.
3. If "stow" mode (or an equivalent) were to be implemented in overlayfs,
would that be useful or desirable for Guix?

That’s all for now; I would greatly appreciate your answers!

--
Mikhail Karpov


Reply via email to