At 11:00 PM 6/6/2006, you wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I Mentioned the Weaver Stance primarily to give people a means to
visiualize the stance of the target relative to the shooter that
someone like you or me would know ;)
I won't be using the weaver combat stance in the game nor permit it.
Assume I'm a brainless newbie, could explain just what the 'Weaver Stance' is?
Here's a verbal description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weaver_stance
It's one of two primary stances currently used in shooting handguns;
the other is the Isosceles (essentially both arms straight out
gripping and supporting the handgun with the gun and the shooter's
shoulders forming the three points of an isosceles triangle).
And here's a couple pictures: http://gijoedaisy.tripod.com/neomel/id5.html
With the advent of modern body armor, the Weaver is slowly falling
out of favor because it causes the shooter to, however slight, blade
towards the target and possibly expose the under arm gap in the armor.
Kurt Feltenberger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
TEOTWAWKI Fiction And Discussion http://www.teotwawki.net
"To our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations,
may she always be in the right, but our country, right or wrong!"
~Stephen Decatur
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l