At 12:28 PM 8/26/2006, you wrote:
Quick question about the spell "Inscribe":

Especially in the setting of an enchanted quill/pen/brush/what have you-- the energy cost of 1Fat per minute of incribing time-- is that basically stopwatch time (ie continuous from the time of spell activation) or writing/drawing time?

It goes to economics. An exclusive powerstone could supply some power so the item could work without overly fatiguing the user. Say an artist who may start/stop to consider, vs. a painter who makes his living with continuous use. What's a reasonable-size powerstone to attach to make the inscribing implement the most practical?

In such settings, I'm envisioning a collection of "pens" as the powerstones need to recharge. The most practical powerstone size would also determine the number of pens that need to be on hand to "recycle" on a daily basis.

Optimizing sounds like a differential equation, doesn't it? I'm hoping I can get away without doing that, however...

-vk


The two options for enchantment are either make a given inscription permanent for 20x casting cost or make a pen that doesn't need ink or paint for 30 energy. I don't think that either case involves any further fatigue expenditures. If you want in item that allows you to cast the inscribe spell that would be a different enchantment from what is listed in Magic.

_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to