From: "Onno Meyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [gurps] Re: MiG-21 in VE2

>Vehicles pegs Mach 1 at 760 mph, so Mach 2.1 is 1,600 mph. With the 
>listed afterburning thrust, I get a drag of 43. 

>> Cramped Crewstation with Ejection Seat/G-seat/HUD,

>There was a dual-seat trainer. Either you give the standard bird a 
>larger body to fit one more seat or the trainer gets a different
>airframe.

>Quite digital for a 1950 or even 1970 design. 

>> F: Air-Search Radar 10 miles / Scan 18,
>How did you select the range?

a) Speed: I found speeds in the 1,350 to 1,385 mph range and started
from that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-21
http://www.topedge.com/panels/aircraft/sites/kraft/data.htm
http://www.vectorsite.net/avmig21_2.html

b) Trainer: I have enough empty space so that together with removal of
the gun and ammo a second cramped crewstation and ejection seat can be
put in.
http://www.vectorsite.net/avmig21_2.html
says "The MiG-21U was exactly the same length as the MiG-21F-13, the
tandem-seat cockpit being crammed in by adjusting the arrangement of
internal fuel tanks. Since the single NR-30 cannon was deleted, the
actual maximum practical fuel capacity was still 2,350 liters (620 US
gallons)."

c) Digital: It is a slightly upgraded version that might still fly in
2000. I do the MiGs for my IST Earth, and the TL7 versions serve mainly
as a starting point for TL8 upgrades,

d) Radar range is a pure guess, and includes a typo: Scan is 17.

e) Thanks for your help. 










_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to